GovernmentDepartmentsDiscoverHow Do I?
Go To Search
Click to Home
Building Department
The Building Department provides the following services:

Do I Need a Permit?
2016 California Building Code Section 105 - Permits
2016 California Residential Code Section R105 - Permits

Carbon Monoxide Requirements

CO devices must be installed in all single-family dwellings as of July 1, 2011. All other dwelling units must have CO devices installed as of January 1, 2013. The Office of the State Fire Marshal has developed a list of Certified CO devices that meet the requirement specified within the Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Act of 2010.  View a complete list of currently approved devices. Under the search categories select Carbon Monoxide Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Detectors.

Earthquake Preparedness
Earthquake Preparedness Brochure

Fire Prevention Guidelines
Water Tanks for Residential Fire Protection

LP-Gas Equipment Installation
LP-Gas Equipment Installation Form (Supplement to Building Permit Application)

Solar Energy

Expedited Permit Process for Small Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Systems

Tiny Houses
Tiny Houses Information Bulletin

Tony Creter
Building Official 

Community Development
50 Diamond Valley Road
Markleeville, CA 96120
View Map

Ph: 530-694-2140
Fx: 530-694-2149
Inspections: 530-694-0580

Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.