Forms and Advice


Forms may be obtained from attorneys, real estate professionals, stationery or office supply stores or from other legal forms web sites such as Sacramento Law Library, which even has wizards that will walk you through the document.


Our office is precluded from providing legal advice per Business and Professions Code 9125 and Government Code 24004, and Recorders Office employees cannot assist the public in the preparation of legal documents. This prohibition includes offering any guidance as to what processes must be undertaken, how to complete the forms, or determining what forms are required in order to make any changes in the title to real property.

Even though the Preliminary Change of Ownership Reports (PCOR) is required and turned in with a deed at the time of recording, the Assessors Office employees may assist you with filling out PCOR since the PCOR form is for the Assessors office only and is not recorded.

If you have questions concerning which document form is appropriate for your transaction, or if you are in need of assistance in the preparation of that document, you should consult an attorney or obtain other professional advice.